Saturday, December 8, 2007

Defamation and Libel from the Proponets of the Downline Integrity Brigade

The Downline Integrity Brigade cheer leaders have not liked the contents of this blog. They started their campaign using terms like crooks and thieves at the onset. Although I do not have the supporting content to document it is an accepted fact. I am sure it can be compelled to be produced if need be.

Law.com's definition of Libel states (not the entire definition):

libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.


I have been accused of issuing lies here, by Don Locuks and Gary Smith with the intent to malice me. They say the information you find here is deceptive and full of lies. I have proffered to both to show me where I have lied and I will gladly retract it or completely remove the content and neither has responded.

Gary is fortunate that he is in (Europe) Australia and to pursue a libel and defamation claim against him may be arduous, however Don Loucks only lives a few hours from me and unless his libelous comments are retracted or proof offered where I have lied I will peruse all available remedies available to me through the courts.

If Mr Gerhing wishes to pursue me for the comments made here he is entitled to do so. But let me remind you that opinion when expressed as such is not libel per se and truth is an absolute defense to a libel claim.

I have business to attend to in Fayetteville, NC after the first of the year and have already made contact with an attorney in that area to enforce my claim. A retraction is in order.

GA Bar mandated disclaimer -
"I am not an attorney, anything you read here is not legal advice. If you are dealing with a situation similar to this consult an attorney. I am not authorized to practice law, I have only given my opinion as to how I understand the law."



No comments: